Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jaime’s Vagina Monologue


Okay, if you know me personally, you know that I sometimes need to work on my filter. I’m a pretty straightforward vato by nature, but when I need to be diplomatic I normally am. As my mother tells me, I have a knack for telling people to go to hell and have them look forward to the trip.

Unless I’m pissed, at which point the barrio in me comes out and diplomacy goes out the window. I know, I know, I’m a work in progress.

Well I’ve been a little amped up by the bullshit the GOP has been feeding the American people for the last couple of years. So in a meeting with the Congressman and a room full of important Democrats Friday morning, I didn’t pay attention to my internal filter.

I was going on a rant about how hypocritical Republicans are about “smaller government” but they turn around and introduce bills like the sonogram bill that will shrink government down small enough to fit in a woman’s vagina.

It was a little early in the morning to hear the word vagina apparently. Belen Robles, Jeanette Walker, Elvia Hernandez, and a few other ladies were there. I owe them an apology, though I am mildly surprised that I had the presence of mind to use the technical term. I shoulda said cooter. In addition to being the best mechanic in Hazard County, it’s a fun word to say and who could be mad at that?

My bad.  I was raised better than that.

I stand by my central point, but I realize it was a bit early in the morning for vagina references over coffee and chilaquiles. 

No comments: