Thursday, October 6, 2011

Congressional Campaign Coup

In September I wrote about Forma Group being hired by Beto O'Rourke's campaign. I honestly thought that was a major development.

I've been critical of their tactics, but I certainly can't deny their results. There's a reason State Rep Marisa Marquez talks them up. They are good at what they do.

Part of the reason that was such a big deal was because Two-Ton Creativity, owned by Morris Pittle, had always done the campaign design and messaging stuff for Beto O'Rourke, along with County Judge Veronica Escobar, and City Reps Susie Byrd and Steve Ortega.

He was their guy.

Well in a pretty stunning development, and confirmed by Morris Pittle, Two-Ton Creativity have now been hired by the Reyes campaign to work on his branding.

That's a major coup because if anyone knows O'Rourke as a candidate, its Pittle.

The other reason its a big deal is because if there is anyone who knows how to refresh the image of Congressman Reyes, its Morris Pittle.

I wrote about how impressed I was by O'Rourke's announcement previously. A lot of the stuff I liked was from Pittle.

I think this is a big deal and gives the Congressman an advantage. Smart move on their part.

I often say "It's politics, its not personal."

But after not getting the gig with O'Rourke, its hard for anyone to look at this and not think there was some bridges burnt in the process.

No comments: