Sunday, October 28, 2012

Republican Comish Candidate Fred Chavez Violates Sign Code


Frankly if I didn't write about the guy I don't think many people would even know he was running, but I noticed something today that I thought was interesting.

Apparently a couple of Fred Chavez signs have gone up down in the Valley. I guess he decided that he was going to put forward some semblance of a campaign now despite the fact that its late in the game. But hey, better late than never right?

Anywho, I think they are signs for Fred Chavez's campaign. Its hard to say for sure since they pretty much only say his last name. They aren't Dan Chavez signs, another Republican candidate that is going to get beaten pretty badly as well. Dan Chavez's signs, poorly done as they are, are in compliance with the sign code.

Fred Chavez's signs are not in compliance. Oh oops, I mean Judge Fred Chavez as he is fond of saying. He was a long time Justice of the Peace as a Democrat. I accidentally wrote Republican the other day but I meant to say Democrat. I was tired. I was in the sun all day, sue me.

You'd think a judge would be compliant with the law woudn't ya? I mean I know its sort of a Valley thing for candidates to apparently not give a crap about the sign code and basically do whatever backyard or garage sign project they feel like, but this is a race for student council at Clint High School.

You're actually supposed to comply with the sign code. One would think a judge would know that.

I can't begin to tell you how badly this sign is out of code. It doesn't say his first name, it doesn't identify the office he's running for and it doesn't have the disclaimer. Upon close inspection, its a corrugated plastic sign and looks like it was one of his signs from a previous race for Justice of the Peace. So at least its his OWN sign that he used.

Looks like he pulled a Jerome Tilghman and just cut off the name of the previous office he was seeking.

Oh hey, speaking of Fred Chavez, I saw something pretty interesting on his campaign finance report. He must still be getting used to being a Republican because he doesn't appear to be much of a fiscal conservative yet. It looks like he spent over $700 for a tune-up. I looked online and couldn't find a single shop in town that offered a tune-up for that much.

Maybe he went to the dealer. God knows they have a reputation for up-charging. 

If you haven't seen the debate between Chavez and Perez, you can check it out here on KVIA's website. Trust me, its pretty entertaining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty sure the signage laws only apply if it states "vote for" "elect" or similar language.

dan

Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean... Wow. I don't think I've seen a worse debate performance... I don't know if I could even call it a debate. Mr. Chavez was rambling, incoherent, and all-around, just very strange.

Abraham Galindo said...

Fred's performance made me cringe.

Abraham Galindo said...

Fred's performance made me cringe.