Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mark the Date & Time...I'm Agreeing with Carl Robinson

It pains me to admit it, but I'm with City Rep Carl Robinson on this one. He was right to publicly admonish City Manager Joyce Wilson for her actions.

I'm actually a little bothered by the same people who run around using "transparency" as their watch-word want to handle this "behind closed doors". I'm sorry, but City Manager Joyce Wilson isn't your average city employee or staffer. She's the City Manager.

Top dog.

And when you're top dog, different rules apply. Sorry, not my choice, its just the way it is.

I can't believe that Representative Lilly has the nerve to call Reps Holguin and Robinson "unprofessional" for raising this issue. What's unprofessional is they conduct of Wilson.

Before any of you start to go defending Joyce Wilson on this one, ask yourself one thing. And be honest with yourself.

If she were you're employee and had sent emails to your subordinates or peers, would she still have a job?

Had she been anyone else at any other level, I'm pretty sure she'd be gone. But that's just my opinion.

And why the desire to sweep this under the rug? I can see the motivation to sweep it under the rug before the proposition elections, but why now? By her own admission, she messed up. The fact that this is even a necessary conversation to have blows my mind.

I happen to know a lot of employees at the city. If memory serves whenever they log on to their computer some advisory note pops up. You know, like the terms and conditions we always ignore? I'm pretty sure there's a line or two in there about personal email or professional conduct via email, etc.

And I'm pretty sure that note, at some point in time, went through the City Manager's Office.

She messed up.

She's owned it.

Robinson got his public wagging of the finger.

Time to move on now.

PS - I happen to think most of the people she referred to as "crazies" probably are, in the colloquial sense of the term anyway.

Don't like it, I'm not hard to find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also agree with Mr. Robinson. It looks like he and Mr. Holguin are the only ones that have the "guts" to speak up and not involed in suspicious transactions!