Friday, April 17, 2015

Fun Friday

Things have been pretty intense around here lately so I thought I'd keep it light and fun today.

Well mostly.

We'll do a little Flashback Friday and play one of my most favorite songs to play on my radio show back in the day. We'll have a little more fun with Facebook. And we'll get things going with schoolin' the Flying Monkey Martin Paredes.


We all know monkey boy is prone to "connecting the dots". Seriously the guy never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like.

He's been doing "candidate profiles" lately and the couple that were sent to me were really bad. First of all he's late to the party...again.

But the one he recently wrote about Peter Svarzbein is the funniest one yet. He alleges there is some sort of "formula" at play because there are very specific donation amounts on his report like 19 contributions in the amount of $96.80.

oooooooooohhh...scandalous!

Clearly this is a sign of a behind-the-scenes conspiracy involving former Mayor Raymond Caballero, Melquiades Segura (thats a valley reference, Google it) Paul Foster, and the Chupacabra.

Okay its not.

Let me help my furry-winged henchman of a colleague out.

The reason they are very specific amounts that appear to be part of a "forumula" is because they were payments made through PayPal.

Sorry to burst your bubble there Marty, but I'm afraid your little conspiracy theory is nothing more than PayPal's cut of an online transaction.

After having suffered through a few of his posts I came to realize that there's a really good reason I rarely read his stuff. Its like sitting through Paul Blart Mall Cop. You know its gonna suck. You know it isn't going to be pleasant. But somehow you get talked into it.

You're immediately hoping it gets better. You're waiting around for it to get good.

Or funny.

Or somewhat entertaining.

Eventually you surrender and are willing to surrender to the idea of it just not sucking.

Ultimately you find a way to get through it and when you do, you suddenly learn what its like to be any woman who has ever had sex with Ali Enrique Razavi.

Unsatisfied, disappointed, a little angry, full of regret and shame, and a little embarrassed and ashamed of yourself for making such a bad choice.

I kid, I kid.

No comments: