Thursday, October 29, 2015

Douchebag of the Week

Trust me when I tell you this isn't something trivial despite the award given. 

Rep Svarzbein has been targeted by some dumbass anti-Semite out there. Svarzbein's galley was targeted for graffiti and there was some hateful language used. 

If the assailant knew he was a Jew, then he knew he was a city rep too. This isn't something that should be taken lightly and is an attack on a public official. 

It's a hate crime plain and simple.

I hope it's not political. Because there is no room for that in political discourse. I have my disagreements with Rep Svarzbein and many elected officials in town but this kind of hatefulness has no place in politics.

This is something that should offend us all.

Elected officials all have their haters. It's part of the job. I have several of my own. It's hard enough to try to do your job without some hateful assholes out there with nothing better to do that fuck with you.

I know, I have a couple of them myself right now like Martin Paredes and Barbara Carrasco.

But they basically just make me laugh and motivate me.

The crap this person is putting Svarzbein through is intolerable in a community as welcoming as ours.

I hope this is given the attention it's due. It's a hate crime and it's against a public official.

1 comment:

John Dungan said...

Isn't it kind of sad to think that this story appears to be largely ignored across the spectrum? I saw the report on (maybe) channel 7, and I read your blog, but that's about the only mention I have seen of this very serious crime. Are we so ignorant today that we have no knowledge of what happened in Germany less than one hundred years ago? Or, doesn't anybody care? IMHO, the entire city should be talking about this, instead of the thieves in government simply because when we ignore this kind of hate crime, the thieves will just get worse.