Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Courthouse Follies

Heard about a couple of funny things that have happened in the courthouse.

Okay, not funny. Troubling is probably a better word.

I'm still getting the details but I'll give you the basics of what I know on an incident involving a couple of judges. There is a lawyer that has cases in two courts on the same day, at the same time. That is a common in the court house and these learned individuals typically act like adults and work this shit out.

But once in a while, they get in pissing matches. So one judge is pissed that the attorney isn't there and - there are two versions to this story so I'm trying to verify which one is most accurate - either went down to the other court in his robe, or sent his bailiff, to go get the attorney. The attorney was in jury selection in the other court.

I'll give you names and everything once I get the correct version of the story. I mean judges have a pretty fucking sweet work schedule. Go to any court almost any day of the week and it'll be a freaking accident if you run into an actual judge. Hell some of these people think so little of justice that they have hearings over the phone!

I mean God forbid you get into your fancy car, put on your robe and your powdered wig and do your job amirite?

But do you believe that shit? Those are JUDGES acting like that. Doesn't that just piss you off?

Well if it doesn't, this one will.

There was a court that was set-up to do primarily family law. They have other cases they hear, but it was mostly a family court. It was mostly certainly a family court with the judge first ran for office.

And now, almost inexplicably the judge no longer wants to do family law and is pushing those cases out to other courts so that the court can focus on other areas of the law.

What kind of shit is that?

It apparently is screwing over a LOT of people, staff, courts, and attorneys. They gotta pick up the slack because a judge just basically said, fuck it, I don't want to do this anymore. 

I'm working on finding out what is the deal with that move and as soon as I find out, I'll pass it on to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to that Judge that "allegedly" flipped off the other Judge?